Top 5 Common Roof Problems
Don't settle for simply having a roof over your head. Though most of us hardly think about our roofs, the reality is that the roof is one of the most important elements of any home. As roofs age, weather and time will inevitably take a toll on the structural integrity of your home.
When a roofing problem appears, it's critical to repair it as quickly as possible before the situation worsens. Some of the most common roofing problems include:
1. Punctures. Branches and debris torn loose by heavy winds create punctures in the roof. Left unaddressed, the punctures not only weaken the surrounding area, but also allow water to seep through and damage the structure of your home. Homeowners should be aware that sealant and flashing around punctures might be compromised, in addition to the shingles themselves.
2. Leaks. No matter what kind of roof you have, if there is a leak, then there is a problem. Leaks are often due to natural wear and tear, improper installation, or existing damage that has gone unaddressed.
3. Moisture. Excessive moisture not only compromises the structural integrity of your home, but can create a health hazard as well. For instance, if moisture remains unchecked in the attic, mold and mildew can develop, polluting the air inside your home.
4. Blistering. Trapped moisture and poorly ventilated roofs result in blistered shingles, which can pop under enough pressure. When these roof blisters pop, the shingles are loosened, resulting in even more damage.
5. Blow-offs. When Raleigh, Durham, and the greater region face inclement weather, it's not uncommon for shingles to be blown off the roof. When shingles are blown away, they weaken the surrounding area, which can result in even more damage.
If your roof has experienced any of these issues, it's important to have it repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. Proactively addressing these problems prevents further damage, which can save you thousands of dollars.
At Clifton Lane Construction, we have the experience and expertise necessary to ensure your roof remains in pristine condition for as long as possible. Call us today at 919-359-8319 for your free pricing estimate.